North Carolina -8 vs. Washington State
Louisville -3 vs. Tennessee
West Virginia -1 vs. Xavier
UCLA -12.5 vs. West Kentucky
Davidson +4.5 vs. Wisconsin
Villanova +11.5 vs. Kansas
Stanford +2 vs. Texas
Michigan State +4 vs. Memphis'
Fact about each team:
- The Tar Heels have three sophmores in their starting lineup (Lawson, Ellington, and Thompson).
- The Cougars rank last in the Pac-10 in Offensive rebounds.
- David Padgett shoots 68.4 percent on field goals for Louisville
- Tennessee has never made it past the Regional Semifinals with any Men's team.
- West Virginia won the 2007 NIT Title.
- Xavier holds the second best record in March sine 2001-2002 (30-9), only behind Kansas (37-10).
- UCLA has been to the Last two final fours, looking for it's third in a row this year.
- Western Kentucky lost to Tennessee by 6 earlier this season.
- Wisconsin's only two Big Ten losses were to Purdue. They are 1-53 all-time at Purdue.
- Davidson's Stephen Curry is the only player in NCAA tournament history to score 30 points in his first three tournament games.
- Villanova is 7-3 under Jay Wright in the NCAA Tournament.
- Texas went farther this year than last year.
- Stanford is lead by the Lopez brothers on the inside.
- Memphis may be the first NCAA champ with a free throw percentage under 60 percent
- Neitzel led the league in assist-to-turnover ratio (3.07) and ranked seventh in scoring (13.4 ppg), while Morgan, a fellow second-team all-league honoree, came in fourth in scoring (15 ppg) and eighth in rebounding (6.3 rpg). Freshman point guard Kalin Lucas added 9.8 points and 3.9 assists per game for the Spartans as well.